As someone with a strong programming background from high school, most (all) of the learning for this course involves learning the intricacies of Python. I am most strong in Java and C++ so in the beginning learning a loosely typed language like Python was difficult. I also did not like that Python doesn't require semicolons (though I've since gotten used to it, and since they can be added regardless I suppose it's a moot point). I have since come to appreciate Python's built in functionality for things like slicing strings and lists, which would in other languages require several lines of code. One unfortunate necessity in Python is docstrings. Good documentation is obviously important in large projects, and building documentation skills is necessary, however if one knows how to comment/create docstrings, writing them for simple classes or functions is a pain (easy as it may be). I'm out of things to say for this week.
Bye
-Kieran
No comments:
Post a Comment