Saturday, 15 March 2014

I haven't been consistent in my slog posts, so I'll post something now.  I did well on assignment one; I had 1 error and got partial bonus marks.  The error was because I didn't give the TOAHModel a number of cheeses value until a stool was filled with cheese. I should have set cheeses equal to 0 in the init method I suppose.  I also failed the 5th bonus test case and I'm not sure why yet, but I'll look.  I implemented the optimal cheese moving strategy, so I'm not sure if it's worth resubmitting.

About assignment 2, I realise after the fact that I did the first part wrong.  Due to ambiguous explanations, I thought the point of the assignment was to create a class that accepts a regex string and provides a tree that is the representation of that string.  After seeing the classes the instructors gave us, I can see I misinterpreted the assignment, as this part is apparently the algorithmic part while last part was class building.  Regardless, I still did what the assignment said, apart from returning a string that would recreate the regex tree, not that that would be hard to change.  In the future please be more clear what you are looking for in assignments that are marked by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment