Thursday, 6 March 2014

This post will concern assignment 2 and exercise 3 since they are currently the problems assigned.  As of right now I have one class that creates a full regex tree with the appropriate number of children for each node.  Apparently the purpose of this assignment is to show our knowledge of inheritance, which is unclear in the assignment. It is also unclear on what exactly our code will be marked on, since the only methods we are asked to implement are __repr__ and __eq__, so it will clearly not be marked by auto-marker but rather by TA.  The fact that I will have to implement other classes that make my code longer and less efficient is trivial, but a pain, and it should have been made clear in the assignment that you need to use several classes, as I believe that a 1 class implementation is much cleaner and more efficient.  As it is the assignment hints to use several classes, but it is left ambiguous as to whether this is necessary.  Basically I do not appreciate that the marking scheme and exact specifications of the assignment aren't laid out clearly, and it is left as an exercise for the reader to assume what the markers want us to do.

Exercise 3 I like, after I realised that given a pre- and in-order it will indeed form a unique tree, which took far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment